Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Walk Away Happy.......



Elegance and dining are quite possibly two of my favorite things. Steakhouses seem to ooze with these traits, yet usually I am left feeling very unsatisfied. On a typical elegant steakhouse menu, there is usually a choice of 3 to 4 steaks, a chicken, maybe a few fish dishes, and always several ways to "smother" the steak. All of which lack the luster and excitement of that vogue flare I so adore.
I must truly say that I have now found a place that is pleasing to the eye, appealing to the pallet, and will soon be energized by excitement in a beautiful building. The Place at Perry's is revampimg the menu and style of the steakhouse with perfect additions to appeal to the ever growing Dallas crowd. As more and more people are wakened to the harmful antibodies and dangerous pesticides that most food is drenched in, The Place at Perry's has taken a stand to produce wonderful food from local and sustainable vendors.
The new menu will catch the eye with traditional favorites dressed in new flavors and new combinations of cuisines that are sure to intrigue the pallet. The new take on Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is inventive, and the BBQ Shrimp and Grits could quite possibly be that one thing that I crave in the middle of the night. From the mussels and mushrooms, to the Scottish salmon and Crab Cakes the array of flavors are endless.
For all the beef lovers (and since this is a steakhouse), let's talk beef. The Place at Perry's only serves the exclusive Niman ranch beef which sets this restaurant apart from other steakhouses in the DFW area. I must say I found the closest to perfection in the beef tartar that I have ever experianced. Many times it is ground too small and very visually unappealing, but here, the cubes af beef were crimson red the texture seemed to melt on your tongue, and I was equally as pleased with the Carpaccio! Their signature fillet, was crusted in dark coffee and topped with a blueberry compote, and as full as I was, I enjoyed each bite as it was my first.
The desserts came, and came, and came, and came.....do you really have to ask if I tried them all????? The chocolate cake was moist, dark, and topped with the fun, crispy textures of what only I can describe as chocolate-air beads. The carrot came out slightly warm and with the most perfect amount of cream cheese icing. Their version of apple pie a-la-mode made for a fun table-shared dessert.
The new building will only add excellence to the revamped menu. A beautiful patio for cocktails, sophisticated waitstaff, Devin Cox the amazingly friendly owner, down to earth Chef, local food, relaxed atmosphere, and exquisite food...what more can one ask for? I had my favorites, likes/dislikes, ones I will crave, and even dishes I may attempt myself, but after 16 courses and an array of desserts the ending point was plain and simple. Yes, I walked away utterly happy.

http://www.theplaceatperrys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only for those......