Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Start Your Spring Right!


I have a love affair with cookies. No, really…..a true melt my heart love affair. Cookies take my mind and memory to so many people, events, celebrations, and holidays that make my soul giggle and heart smile. Cookies are my childhood indulgence and my adult secret passion. With each tray that is slid into the oven, and each bite that my mouth savors, my taste buds are in a euphoric nirvana that dances on my palate. Maybe it’s the tradition, it could be the memories of sneaking cookie dough behind my mother’s apron, or it may be the simple fact that no matter where a person is in life and where they go in the world, those smiles can be formed out of the smallest morsels. I am the avid baker, and the obsessive seeker of perfection. I am always tweaking, writing, experimenting, and tasting my way s to create and enjoy one of life’s’ most decadent pleasures….The Cookie.


Zesty Lavender Shortbread Cookies

•1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
•1/3 cup sugar
•1 egg
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•1/4 teaspoon pire lemon extract
•1 1/2 cups flour
•1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, chopped
•1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
•1 pinch salt
•Powdered sugar for dipping

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whisk or beat in the egg, lemon juice and almond extract until well blended.

2.In a separate bowl, mix together flour, lemon zest, lavender and salt. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and blend together to form a soft ball. Drop by teaspoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet, then flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.

3.Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. While warm, coat with powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only for those......