Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting lost isn't so bad



Today I found myself lost.  Not in the sense of direction, but lost purely in moments and memories.   I sat in the floor thumbing through old pictures asking myself 1001 questions with no answers to be discovered.  I realized I have walked a path not traveled by many, and passion is my drive.  Stolen moments make mesmerizing memories, and the memories etched in my mind have forever shaped who I am becoming.  
   
The randomness I was reminded of today made me smile and the joys of my heart make my soul sing.

I love the smell of grass. I'm not organized. I'm addicted lip gloss. I can't french braid. I prefer pie. I still make snow angels.  I smack my gum.  Flowers make me smile.  I get lost in books.  I still get giddy about Christmas morning.  Bubbles are my favorite.  I sink under the sheets. The ocean is my therapy.  I dance when I cook.  My music is always too loud.  I adore kissing.  I don't like octopus. I want to boat around the world. I catch myself watching my kids sleep. Train's "Marry Me" is played daily on my iPod.  I don't like massages. I haven't removed my toe ring in 6 years. I still swipe icing off cakes. I was on a synchronized swimming team. I can barley make it through a movie.  I've been told I snore. I break dishes on a daily basis.  I want another tattoo.  I can set a trot line. My reoccurring dream is always about being an ice skater. I've swam with a shark. I faint when I get shots.  Birthdays are still a big deal. I am a horrible speller.  I can't make it through a day without coffee.  I love a good cigar. The best medicine is still ice cream. I've caught many things on fire in the kitchen. Watching passions in others is contagious.  Abandonment of the heart is the purest form of happiness.



Simplistic in form, but made with the best sous on the planet, my son.  This is his "happy" and his delight.

Strawberries and Cream

2c. ripe strawberries. sliced
1tsp Vanilla
3TBL sugar
1c. Heavy Cream
1c. milk
drizzle of honey
1/4c Favorite homemade granola

Let all ingredients except honey and granola sit overnight in airtight container.  Serve in a martini glass with a drizzle of honey and topped with granola

1 comment:

  1. Methods for getting a lot more healthy eating plan daily compared to the average person inside a 30 days? Health Food
    The easiest method to live for ones max capacity? Analyze the exact techniques regarding superhero's here.

    ReplyDelete

Only for those......