Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two are better than one. The perfect pairs




There are a few flavor combinations that are can truly be classified as "Culinary Wonders of the Palette": silky honey & crumbly Blue Cheese, threads of angel hair pasta & delicate marinara, spicy tacos $ Mexican beer, buttery fillet & Bearnaise, buttermilk biscuits & sausage gravy, and last but definitely not least....rich and delicate chocolate & clouds of whipped, creamy peanut butter. All of these immediately make my mouth tingle with anticipation, but it's the chocolate and peanut butter combo that I tend to gravitate to, especially during the indulgent days of the Holiday season.
The classic Reese's cup is definitely the all-time favorite not only of mine, but of thousands (if not millions) around the globe. Although they are the candy of choice when stealing from my children's Halloween bucks, over the last decade,I've noticed that they are not as satisfying and richly delicate as they were when I was younger. In seeking out the perfect PB & Cocoa combo, I learned that two things were essential 1)I want real chocolate 2) having a straight peanut butter creaminess without an ounce of being dry or breaking apart in my mouth. Now, without further adieu, my secret indulgence as well as my all time favorite Holiday gift-on-a-plate.....









The Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Real-Dark-Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Cream-Truffles









2 cups creamy peanut butter (yes, you can use crunchy if you insist)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
9 oz. dark chocolate chips or chunks(at least 60% cocoa)
2 tablespoons shortening
¼ c. peanuts, finely ground

Mix together peanut butter, butter, salt, and vanilla extract.

Work in the powdered sugar until it's completely incorporated.

Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1" balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15-20 minutes.

Melt the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler.

Using a toothpick, dip the balls one at a time in the chocolate. Or you can use two forks to roll the peanut butter balls in chocolate, completely coating them. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Let set and store in fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only for those......