Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Calling all FOOTBALL JUNKIES!



HEY ALL YOU FOOTBALL FANS........Cheddar Pepper Crackers!

Hey all you TEXAS / O.U FANS: (or any crazed football junkies out there)

No matter if your having a college football watching party, NFL party, or tailgating for Dallas's huge college ball event of the season, why not have these rich, tasty treats instead of the tasteless boxed version! These crispy cheesy bites are the perfect game day snack AND the even more perfect accompaniment to beer! Have a safe football weekend and happy cracker making!



Cheddar Pepper Crisps



2c. Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, finely graded

½ c. Salted Butter at room temp

1- 1/2 tps black pepper

¼ tsp Cayenne pepper

1 ½ c. Flour



I mixing bowl, combine butter and cheese and mix until combined. Add flour and spices. Separate dough into 4 sections. Roll mixture into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours or freeze up to a month. Slice into 1/8 “ rounds. (Tip: Freeze right before cutting about 30 minutes for an easier slice). Bake in cookie sheet at 350 for 12-14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only for those......