Haute Hot Food

Only for the adventurous in eating that want to tantalize their taste-buds and make food dance on their palate.

For I am not afraid of letting the food
overtake my desires, nor am I afraid of letting my desires be my food. Food is my expression, not just my livelihood. Cooking is my art, not out of responsibility, but purely out of passion.

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Eve....




Emotions were running high and nerves were getting the best of me. My hand shook, and my voice cracked. I was in a constant battle in my head...."Will He love it?" Will He hate it?" Like an argument between a two year old and his friends over the latest and greatest toy at a birthday party. Am I forgetting salt? Did I put enough heat in the dish?....too much? The agonizing wait at the infamous doors was going to determine my fate. I wanted so bad to stay, I didn't want to walk ahead, but nothing could hold me back. My heart and soul were confined to a small silver cart handling the most precious of cargo's.......my dish!
Through the months of testing and retesting recipes, interviews, and on camera questionnaires, this was it. My heart pounded and the sweat trickling down my back was hitting every nerve. The doors opened and the judges await. I knew whatever the outcome, and wherever this landed me, one thing was certain: I was never going to be the same and I was never going to be satisfied until I was showing the world and sharing my vision: the greatest moments and the grandest memories are all made over one of life's most basic needs....FOOD!




Think beyond the bottle.
Can I change your mind.....

Extra Effort Whipped Cream: But Oh! So worth it!

Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream:
1c. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Vanilla Bean
1TB Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4c. Powdered sugar
- For intense vanilla flavor chill cream in a bowl overnight with the vanilla bean in it.
-Pour very cold cream in a large bowl.
-Cut bean lengthwise and gently scrape beans from pod and add it to cream.
-Add powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
-Add vanilla and mix thoroughly
-Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Homemade whipped cream is the best!!! Forget the pre-made stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Only for those......